As families start the transition from their laxidasical summer schedules into hectic back to school mode, it’s a great time to get kids and families back on track with their oral care routines. As brushing only cleans 25 percent of our mouths, it’s important for kids to remember that flossing and rinsing are just as essential to keeping our smiles bright and healthy. To help you get your children invested in the care of their teeth, LISTERINE would love to offer our readers a chance to win LISTERINE®’s new Phineas and FerbTM Bubble Blast Flavor SMART RINSE®.
Unlike other fluoride rinses, LISTERINE® SMART RINSE® works l like a magnet to attract the particles that brushing may leave behind and tints the particles – leaving proof in the sink of a cleaner mouth. Some other benefits include:
· A special post-brush mouth rinse design to help kids protect their teeth against cavities
· The power to clean the mouth beyond brushing alone
· A primary benefit of included fluoride – which is an important ingredient to help provide extra cavity protection
· And because it’s from the makers of LISTERINE®, SMART RINSE® kills the germs that cause bad breath too
Dr. Kaneta Lott’s tips for Engaging Kids Early in Oral Care:
· Show, don’t tell. Floss once a day and brush and rinse twice a day, every day. Share the experience with your child. When leading by example, kids are likely to imitate behavior and make oral hygiene feel less like a "kid thing."
· Clean to the beat. Brushing, flossing, and rinsing are all rhythmic activities. Play music to help kids enjoy oral care routines. On average, brushing should last two minutes and rinsing 60 seconds. Together these activities last the length of a typical song.
· Reward healthy behavior. Offer rewards for achieving brushing, flossing, and rinsing goals. Post a calendar in the bathroom and reward kids with a gold star for each day of great oral care. At the end of each month, praise kids for a job well done.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: ABCD Diaries was given samples for review purposes only. We were in no other way compensated. The opinions expressed in this post are ours and ours alone.