Congrats to Kristen!
Check out the newest chips in the Lay's Regional line:
These chips were inspired by popular American regional cuisine and include:
1. Northeastern U.S. – Lay’s Honey Mustard
2. Midwestern U.S. – Lay’s Creamy Garden Ranch
3. Northwestern U.S. – Lay’s Balsamic Sweet Onion
4. Southwestern U.S. – Lay’s Chipotle Ranch
5. Southeastern U.S. – Lay’s Cajun Herb & Spice
· All of the Lay's Regional Flavored potato chips are made with all natural ingredients and cooked in healthier oils, like corn and sunflower oils, which contain 80% or more of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat - the "good fats." They also contain 0 grams of trans fats per serving!
· There’s also less sodium in them than you might think – a 1-oz serving of our Lay’s Regional Flavored potato chips contains less salt than a plain bagel!
Lay's has asked us to share a recipe that reminds us of home in conjunction with this promotion. One of our favorite comfort foods is pancakes. This particular recipe has been a favorite in our family for years. It makes fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth pancakes every time!
World's Best Pancakes
1 c all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbl sugar
1 c buttermilk
1/2 c melted butter, divided
1. Mix dry ingredients thoroughly. Gently add liquid ingredients, including 1/4 c butter, and stir until just incorporated. Do not overwork the batter...it is thick; it can be thinned with a small amount of water or buttermilk.
2. Cook pancakes on a lightly greased griddle. Pancakes should be turned only once. They are ready to be turned when the bubbles form in the middle and the edges appear cooked. Once pancakes are turned, use a pastry brush to spread the additional melted butter on the top of the pancakes while the other side is cooking. This will keep you from having to spread cold butter on them, which will tear them. The pancakes will already be buttered when they reach the table. Top with your favorite syrup.
Note: You can add fresh fruit, berries, nuts or chocolate chips to the batter to change it up if you get tired of plain pancakes.
So, I'm not really the best food photographer and these pictures don't do the pancakes very much justice...I guess I could have taken pictures of the 4 empty plates and full tummies at the end of it all:)
This recipe came from a deep south cook book and will definitely be passed down for generations to come:)
Back to the Lay's Regional Chips...don't they all sound fantastic? Being from the South, we can't wait to try the Chipotle Ranch and the Cajun Herb and Spice though they ALL sound delicious:)
Buy It: You can find Lay's Regional Potato Chips at grocers and mass merchandisers nationwide!
Win It: Frito Lay has offered one ABCD Diaries reader a variety pack of Lay's Regional Potato Chips!!
1.Like ABCD Diaries via Facebook +1 entry
2.Subscribe to our RSS feed +2 entries...comment twice please
3.Like Frito Lay on Facebook +1 entry
4.Follow Frito Lay on Twitter(leave id)+1 entry
5.Follow ABCD Diaries via Twitter(leave id) +1 entry
6.Tweet about this giveaway(leave link)+1 entry per day(1 tweet/day)
7.Enter any other current giveaways on ABCD Diaries and leave a comment saying so. +1 for each entered
Giveaway ends Thursday, August 25, 2011 at 11:59cst. Winner will be chosen via random.org and emailed. They will have 48 hours to reply. Open to US residents 18+:) No PO Boxes
Disclosure: ABCD Diaries ill be given a gift from Frito Lay as compensation for this post. We were in no other way compensated. The opinions expressed in this post are ours and ours alone.