Celebrate Summer in a New Way
Participate in National Mustard Day –sponsored by French’s Mustard
Mustard Day 2013 is Saturday, August 3rd
"French’s® Mustard has helped bring together the people we love, the moments we treasure and the food we savor ever since it first introduced its Classic Yellow Mustard in 1904 at the St. Louis World’s Fair. While mustard remains the most popular condiment for hot dogs, it’s a secret cooking ingredient that many home chefs are just now starting to share. This year, in honor of National Mustard Day, celebrate America’s #1 Mustard brand* by using a bit ofFrench’s to add more flavor to your favorite everyday recipes. So whether you prefer Classic Yellow, Spicy Brown, Dijon, Horseradish, Honey or Honey Dijon,French’s has a flavor that will take your family favorite recipe from ordinary to extraordinary.
In addition, with a new museum designed to celebrate this flavorful favorite, why not take a summer road trip to the National Mustard Museum in Middleton, Wisconsin, just steps from downtown Madison, Wisconsin’s 2nd largest city? On Saturday, August 3rd, visit Mustard’s “home” and experience a fun-filled day for the entire family at the annual festival that has made mustard an integral part of celebrating summer across America.
“While most of us recognize mustard for its popularity as a condiment used on hot dogs, burgers and sandwiches, mustard is about so much more,” says Barry Levenson, Curator at the National Mustard Museum. “It’s the versatility of French’s mustard that also makes it ideal for adding a boost of flavor to everyday recipes and an added benefit of French’s Classic Yellow, Spicy Brown and Horseradish varieties, they are 100% natural and zero calories.” This year’s visitors can expect a fun-filled day for the entire family when National Mustard Day 2013 kicks off at 10 a.m. with free hot dogs, live music, games, mustard samples and more. Festivities continue all day until 4 p.m.
National Mustard Day 2013 Activities include:
· Opening ceremonies with Dr. Mustard
· Onsite appearances by the French’s® Mustard Man
· Live music by the Red Hot Horn Dawgs
· Free Hot Dogs (*mustard required)
· Mustard Games that raise money for Restoring Hope Transplant House
· Magic by Wayne the Wizard
· Klements onsite grilling brats
· Oscar Mayer Weinermobile
· FREE Mustard sampling
Even if you can’t make it to National Mustard Day, you can celebrate the day with these great summer recipes and for more, log onto www.frenchsfoods.com.
BEEF KABOBS WITH DIJON STEAK DRESSING
Prep Time: 20 mins Cook Time: 10 mins
¾ cup FRENCH'S® Dijon Mustard
¼ cup olive oil plus additional for skewers
¼ cup honey
1 tbsp. FRENCH'S® Extra Tenderizing™ Worcestershire Sauce
12 bamboo skewers, soaked in water
2 lb. boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1-in. cubes; season to taste with salt and pepper
2 large red bell peppers, cut into chunks
2 large red onions, cut into chunks
1. WHISK mustard, 1/4 cup oil, honey and Worcestershire in bowl; set aside.
2. THREAD 4 steak cubes, 4 bell pepper chunks and 3 red onion chunks on each skewer. Brush steak skewers lightly with olive oil.
3. GRILL kabobs over medium-heat for 10 min. or until desired doneness, turning frequently.
4. DRIZZLE kabobs with Dijon sauce and serve extra on the side.
Makes 6 servings, 2 skewers each
SUPER JUICY CHICKEN
A simple, classic BBQ technique that yields a moist, flavorful chicken with a subtle flavor of mustard
Prep Time:0 mins Cook Time:0 mins
3lbs fryer chicken, cut into 8 pcs
½ cup FRENCH’S® Classic Yellow® Mustard
3 Tsp McCormick® Grill Mates® Montreal Spice
1. PREHEAT grill to medium heat
2. PLACE chicken pieces on large plate and coat both sides with FRENCH’S® Classic Yellow® Mustard. Sprinkle Montreal Spice on.
3. GRILL over medium heat for 20 minutes till juices run clear or 160F internal.
Makes 4-6 servings
TIP- works great on ribs, brisket and pork shoulder to protect and tenderize over low and slow barbecueing
EASY CHEESY MAC & CHEESE
Prep Time:10 mins Cook Time:35 mins
8 oz. uncooked elbow macaroni (4 cups cooked)
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
1 ½ cups milk
2 to 3 tbsp. FRENCH’S® Classic Yellow® Mustard
3 cups (12 oz.) shredded American or Cheddar cheese
2 tbsp. butter, cut into pieces
1. COOK macaroni according to package directions using shortest cooking time. Drain and place into greased 2-qt. baking dish.
2. MIX soup, milk and mustard. Pour over pasta and stir in 2 cups cheese. Top with butter.
3. BAKE at 350°F for 30 min. or until hot and bubbly. Stir. Top with remaining cheese. Bake 5 min. until cheese melts.
Makes 6 servings
Variation: substitute other types of shredded cheese such as Jack, Mexican blend or sharp Cheddar.
SALMON WITH DIJON SAUCE
Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 15 mins
4 (6 oz.) salmon fillets
Salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup FRENCH’S® Dijon Mustard
3 tbsp. olive oil
3 tbsp. lemon juice
1tsp. minced garlic
1. SEASON salmon with salt and pepper. Place into greased baking dish, skin side down.
2. MIX remaining ingredients. Reserve 1/3 cup sauce. Spread remaining sauce over salmon pieces.
3. BAKE salmon at 400°F for 10 to 15 min. until salmon is cooked through. Serve with the reserved mustard sauce.
Makes 4 servings