It's that time of year again! Time to start making those holiday gift lists. Here at ABCD Diaries we'd like to make that process a little less painful:) We will bringing you our annual Holiday Gift Guide in which we hand pick the coolest gifts for the whole family and everyone else on that gift list this year. From now until mid-December we will be highlighting these wonderful gifts.
Today, we are bringing you a great gift idea that gives back...perfect for anyone on your list!
"Whether it’s the first draft of a gift list, a photo idea for holiday cards, or a location for a family gathering, many of us are already thinking of and planning for the holidays. The giving season quickly becomes too busy and hectic. Many of us forget the true meaning of the winter holidays. But a little thought and advanced planning make it easy to keep your heart in the holidays. Here are some ideas:
- Organize a family giving night and have kids select charitable gifts from an organization such as theWorld Vision Gift Catalog. Talk with your children about how giving back changes lives of children and families living in poverty and that their efforts truly make a difference.
- Host a house party for friends and family and ask your guests to contribute to a share of a group gift such as a farm animal, winter clothing or school supplies to families in need, or even a water well. Make the selection of the item, how to raise funds for that gift, and the collection of the money a collaborative, group effort.
- After Black Friday and Cyber Monday holiday shopping, consider celebrating Giving Tuesday (12/3) and make meaningful, life-changing gift purchases such as medicine, mosquito nets or a fish pond.
- Be active in your giving -- volunteer at your local homeless shelter or senior living center; cook a meal or bake cookies for an elderly family member or neighbor.
As you plan your holiday giving list, consider gifting unique, life-changing gifts that give back all year long. The World Vision Gift Catalog offers more than 250 items that help fight poverty and save lives here in US and around the world. With a financial contribution, donors can select one of the 30+ Handcrafted Gifts that can be shared with a loved one and at the same time help a person in need.
- Colors of Africa Bracelet & Earring Set: This gorgeous Zakale jewelry set is handmade from recycled materials by Kenyan artisans reclaiming their own lives from poverty.
- Cinnamon Box: Created from the dried inner bark of Cassia (Cinnamon) trees by skilled artisans in Vietnam; these boxes help families receive social and health insurance as well as the opportunity to apply for scholarship funds.
- Hand-woven Headband: This beautiful, 100% cotton headband woven by skilled workers in Lake Atitlan in Guatemala helps address urgent needs of children, families or communities that might otherwise go unmet.
- Ornament Set: This set includes three handmade Zakale wire and bead animal trio ornaments from Nairobi.
- Gertie the Plush Goat: Gertie is available exclusively through World Vision and represents farm animals that are donated to children and families around the world and provide a steady supply of nutritious food and the surplus can be sold for extra income."
One lucky reader will win a Colors of Africa Jewelry Set! Enter below: