"Sometimes buying holiday gifts can feel like an obligation. Another sweater Grandma won’t wear, another tie to add to Dad’s collection – what if the gifts bought out of social necessity went to supply real necessities around the world? This upcoming holiday season, shoppers can reinvent gift lists with items from the World Vision Gift Catalog. These alternative gift ideas, from goats and chickens to life-saving medicine, honor the recipient and create a lasting impact for people in need. The catalog offers nearly 250 gifts online and in the print version ranging in price from $16 to $39,000. These gifts can be purchased in the name of a family member, teacher, co-worker or child and a few examples include:
· Artisan Beaded Necklace: This glass-bead necklace is handmade in Thailand and can be worn several different ways — even as a multi-strand bracelet.
· Eco Cold Cup: This popular 16 oz. BPA-free tumbler comes in handy when on the run. Every sip is a reminder of those who’ve been helped.
· Veggie Tales "Incredible Vegetables" DVD: Heroic adventures and veggie fun for the family movie night! This newest Veggie Tale DVD is an action adventure that teaches kids how to conquer fear through a faith-based message.
· A set of plush toys - Gertie Goat, Chuma Chick and Pallu Pig: Gertie, Chuma and Pallu are available exclusively through World Vision and represent farm animals that are donated to children and families around the world and provide a steady supply of nutritious food and the surplus can be sold for extra income.
· Goat ($75): One of the most popular gifts because its milk provides protein for children and the surplus can be sold for additional income to purchase medicines and other necessities. Plus, fertilizer from goats can increase the amount of vegetables grown in a family garden.
· Family Food Kit ($16): Includes nutritious meals like oatmeal, lentil soup or pasta, and a bean and rice casserole to feed a family in the U.S. who has been struck by disaster, homelessness or job loss."
What we thought: We love the World Vision mission and the catalog always provides a variety of gifts at every price point that would be great for pretty much everyone on your gift-giving list. We reviewed the gorgeous Artisan Beaded Necklace and it was beautiful! It would make a truly wonderful and unique gift that carries with it the heartwarming message of giving that World Vision promotes. ABCD Diaries gives World Vision an A+!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: ABCD Diaries was given samples for review purposes only. We were in no other way compensated. The opinions expressed in this post are ours and ours alone.