"StarKist has a new product – a Single Serve StarKist Creations line. Ranging between 80-110 calories per pouch, these new single-serve portions are available in the same great Creations flavors we’ve all come to love. The convenient Flavor Fresh Pouch allows you to enjoy a health-conscious portion on-the-go – just tear open and toss the pre-seasoned tuna right onto a salad, eat straight out of the pouch, or add to your favorite recipe for a flavor and protein boost!
· Flavors and Calorie Counts:
o Herb & Garlic – 110 Calories
o Hickory Smoked – 110 Calories
o Sweet & Spicy – 90 Calories
o Zesty Lemon Pepper – 80 Calories
o 2.6 oz pouch
o $1.79 per pouch
o Walmart and grocery stores nationwide
Hearty Herb & Garlic Tuna Salad
PER SERVING: (339g): 240 calories, 10g fat, 120mg cholesterol, 770mg sodium, 16g carbs, 4g fiber, 8g sugars, 23g protein
2 pouches (2.6 oz. each) StarKist Tuna Creations® Herb and Garlic
1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
4 croutons or small crostini
2 small tomatoes cut into wedges
4 cups mixed salad greens
4 Tbsp. dressing of your choice
(Nutrition Facts based on reduced fat Italian dressing)
1. Set out 2 salad bowls. Place 2 cups of lettuce in each bowl. Top with tomato wedges.
2. Mix tuna and hard-cooked eggs in a small bowl; place equal amounts on top of lettuce and tomatoes.
3. Drizzle each salad with 2 Tbsp. dressing and place croutons on the side.
MAKES (2) SERVINGS
Southwestern Style Tuna Wrap
PER SERVING: (177g): 390 calories, 18g fat, 70mg cholesterol, 940mg sodium, 28g carbs, 2g fiber, 3g sugars, 30g protein
2 pouches (2.6 oz.) StarKist Tuna Creations® Hickory Smoked
2 flour tortillas (8-inch size)
½ cup shredded lettuce
2 slices Pepper Jack Cheese
2 Tbsp. Ranch Dressing, reduced fat
Optional: 2 slices bacon, crumbled, diced tomatoes
1. Place tortillas on plates. Place lettuce, cheese and tuna in the center of the tortillas.
2. Drizzle with ranch dressing.
3. Fold ends of the tortillas toward the center and roll tightly to form wrqps. Cut each in half
MAKES 2 SERVINGS
Tuna and White Bean Salad
PER SERVING: (189g): 190 calories, 8g fat, 15mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 17g carbs, 5g fiber, 3g sugars, 13g protein
2 pouches (2.6 oz.) StarKist Tuna Creations® Zesty Lemon Pepper
1 garlic clove
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 can (16 oz.) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
½ red pepper cut in cubes
¼ cup chopped red onion
Fresh basil, chopped, to taste
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Mince garlic and mash to a paste with the back of a spoon. Mix garlic paste with lemon juice, salt and pepper, and slowly whisk in olive oil.
2. Toss red pepper, onion, and beans together.
3. Break apart tuna and mix into bean mixture.
4. Add dressing and toss well. Add basil just before serving. Serve at room temperature.
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
PER SERVING: (210g): 360 calories, 15g fat, 45mg cholesterol, 1040mg sodium, 31g carbs, 4g fiber, 7g sugars, 25g protein
1 pouch (2.6 oz.) StarKist Tuna Creations® Herb & Garlic
1 flatbread wrap
¼ cup fresh baby spinach leaves
2 Tbsp. feta cheese
4 thin cucumber slices
2 Tbsp. chopped roasted red peppers
2 oil-packed, sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinaigrette
1. Place a flatbread wrap on plate. Cover center 2/3 of wrap with spinach leaves.
2. Top with 1 pouch of tuna, half of the cheese, cucumber, peppers and sun-dried tomatoes.
3. Drizzle with dressing.
4. Roll tightly and cut in half.
MAKES 1 SERVING
Sweet and Spicy Mandarin Salad
PER SERVING: (387g): 190 calories, 2.5g fat, 30mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 24g carbs, 4g fiber, 15g sugars, 21g protein
1 pouch (2.6oz) StarKist Tuna Creations® Sweet and Spicy
1 stalk celery, sliced
2 Tbsp. sliced green onions, white and green parts
1 4-oz. cup mandarin oranges, drained
2-3 cups salad greens
2 Tbsp. crispy chow mein noodles
Optional: Asian Style dressing – the Tuna Creations® has a nice flavor so dressing isn’t necessary unless you’d like additional flavor
1. Place salad greens in a large bowl.
2. Top with tuna, celery, onions and oranges, and toss.
3. Top with chow mein noodles.
MAKES 1 SERVINGWhat we thought: Yummmm! These StarKist tuna pouches are perfect for a convenient, protein-packed and tasty lunch. If you have a little more time you can whip up any of these mouth-watering recipes. We really enjoyed the samples we received. I love that the flavors are not overpowering, just simple and subtle. These pouches are great as a sandwich, with crackers or just a fork:) B actually takes a handful of StarKist tuna pouches to work a couple of times a month so he always has a back-up plan if a lunch break doesn't make it into his busy days:) Now he can have quite a variety to choose from! ABCD Diaries gives StarKist products an A+
Disclosure: ABCD Diaries was given samples for review purposes only. We were in no other way compensated. The opinions expressed in this post are ours and ours alone.